This position requires occasional travel to remote site(s).
Responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining and administering (monitoring) ISP / IP network operations, VPN, VOIP, network security, infrastructure and devices including but not limited to all routers, firewalls, switches, servers, PCs and company applications. Develops and recommends strategies for delivering leading edge services and applications for the Community Services Division (CSD). Enforces security procedures, implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards, serves as a liaison between Company and subscribers, and provides technical support to affiliate and subsidiary operations.
Other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs primary network system administration on network hardware and software as needed. Including but not limited to Cisco, Mikrotik Routers & Switches, DNS & DHCP Servers, Linux DNS and BIND Servers, Firewalls, DSLAMs, AFC Equipment, DSL Modems, Wireless Equipment, and Cable Modems.
- Identify and resolve problems encountered by company-wide users of various desktop systems, Company network Internet and other computer technology; troubleshoot and solve LAN problems. Support internal and Datacenter end-users of company software, SaaS, BUaaS and DRaaS applications including but not limited to Office 365 E3, AD, SQL Server, Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure and Online Web applications.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions. Obtains quotes for new hardware for projects and upgrades.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by creating an annual IT budget. Works with general managers to develop capital budget and assists in monitoring approved budget to ensure compliance.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and Management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, online workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Need to be able to resolve related issues including: Network Load Balancing, Replication, Net logon, Cluster and SQL Cluster.
This is a Salary Position with 24/7/365 on call.
Equal Opportunity Employer